The test drive

Early this morning I hit the road for a two hours trip to go out and meet Mr. Roger Stoll and do some test driving :]
Heading towards Teufenthal (Switzerland) I really hope to have a nice experience, after all it will be the first time I will be driving a mini-el. If the driving matches the looks, I will definitely buy one of these!!
Got in place on time and after some short discussion I went out for a test drive on the more expensive: CHF2400 - White, 48V 15x cells Lifepo4 100Ah, energy recovery, double chain, sliding windows, Sep. 1992, valid inspection

So I made my first small tour of roughly 5km!! Awesome! Although very strange as I'm used to my Peugeot 5008!! I loved it! Even though the regenerative braking was really basic, you could really feel it kicking upon accelerator release. 
I also got the chance to drive in some steep streets and it went pretty ok! 

The bitter part was the state of the vehicle itself... basically it looked like someone was using it as a chicken's shelter in the last couple of months! very bad looking inside and out! The mechanics was pretty mistreated with lots of play EVERYWHERE! I felt like it was a really bad idea to go for this. At least not for this money...

Back from the test drive, I went on checking the cheaper one: CHF2000 - White, 42V 14x cells Lifepo4 100Ah, double chain, 21'000 km, Nov.1990, valid inspection.
Unfortnatelly this one was not ready for a testdrive because it was going to be retrofited with the mentioned 14 cells Lifepo4 pack and BMS… However it was possible to check it was in much better shape than the one I've made the testdrive. A couple of defects, but nothing dramatic…

Convinced this would be the best one within my budget (max CHF2500), I discussed a bit more with the seller, regarding how I could get it back to my village, as the aprox. 150km would be a problem taking into account the expeted batteries range of about 65 to 80 km and the slow charging time of about 7 to 9 hours!
I was also interested in having a pair of wheel covers in good condition, and an additional underbody protection that EatStoll is selling:


http://www.eatstoll.ch/CityEl/UnterbodenSchutz.html



(the three pictures above are property and copyright of EAT Elektro Antriebs Technik Stoll, Spannergässli 2, 5723 Teufenthal, Schweiz; they are integrated as adition to the content discussed in this page and to provide a direct overview of it and reference to link to the owner webpage: http://www.eatstoll.ch/CityEl/UnterbodenSchutz.html )

All wrapped up, I got the following deal:
- the City-el: CHF2000
- used underbody protection (including assembly): free!
- wheel covers: CHF150
- transport to Bercher: CHF280

TOTAL: CHF2430

After shaking hands I hit the road back home, even more anxious to get it than before :]...

Comments

Popular Posts