Getting rid of the electrics - part #1

In the process of removing all mechanical parts at the rear of the car it became more obvious that the existing electrical installation needed a good dose of attention...  29 years (!!!) for such cabling and electronics are really a lot!

I started by removing the motor controller and the inverting relais, again not an easy task due the rusted threads of the bolts... more than half had to be cut, two of them broke... 
once out, here's how it looks:

and the chassis 
I put in a table and starded having a better look at it:
what a mess! more corrosion, oxidation, grease and dirt... maybe the dirt was preventing the all thing to catch fire :/

I'm definitely going to refurbish all this!!

While I was there, just took a better look at charging circuit and DC-DC converter (under the seat):
without much surprise I am sure that keeping this electronics is not the way I want to go. 

Comments

Popular Posts