Getting rid of the electrics - part #2

Last week I removed the electrics of the rear end of the car, which definitely convinced me this was currently a very week point of the restoration project.
Moreover, despite the severe ageing signs, there were several things bothering me in the electrics/electronics, like the charge indicator (which was useless), the Battery Monitoring System (BMS), the charging circuit along with the transformer and the DC-DC converter.
All of this along with my uncontrollable and reckless engineering spirit :] (only when it comes to personal projects) just pushed me to do this:

Each cable tie cut off, each wire pulled out, each PCB removed just felt so good!! 
Don't get me wrong: being designed/produced in the mid-eighties by a small start-up company it was a great piece of engineering, NO DOUBT! However I have my head full of great ideas on how to make it 2020's like and at the same time make an awesome development/training kit for myself (getting a bit rusty on programming this last years...) 

I'm sure purists and collectors hate me right now :]

to wrap up on the photos, here's the front aluminum assembly with steering wheel and ventilation/heater 

and the place where it came from 

Finally, the parts' pile growing

Comments

Popular Posts