Technical control -> PASSED !

 Today's the go/no go moment after so much work: the technical control day!

Except from Portugal, I don't know how this happens in other contries, but here in Switzerland you get a letter from the technical control center of your region with a date and time "inviting" you for the technical control. The mini-EL, after it is +4years old, should be controlled every two years (definitely the case here, mine's from 1990!). Although, given he work load, COVID, etc... I got my invitation almost a year late:

(technical control invitation letter)

In the last days I got everything ready and finished some upmost important details. The idea was to make a good impression for the big moment 😬

9:20 I was in from of the test lane:

(test lane #1: motorcycles. wonder if they're expeting it passes through that door...)

While waiting some curious persons passed by and there I went explaining some details on the mini-EL...

9:30 the inspector came by. He was surprised to see the car: it was the first one for him 😁

Paperwork, chassis number: checked! Total kilometers: 27034km (uauu!)

Lights: checked! Tires and play in wheels: checked! 

Then, time for the test drive... I explained him the basics of the car (foward, neutral, reverse, accelerator, brake and steering...) and off he went!! Must confess I was kind of nervous when I saw him go full speed for the braking test area... But after some seconds he drove back without any issue, stopped the car and went inside to his desk... When he came back he just said "C'est tout bon. Bonne journée." tranls: "All ok. Have a nice day." and gave me the papers back, and voilà:

Good to go for two more years 😎!! Great feeling!





Comments

Popular Posts